Returning Rejuvenated

After a long holiday writing essays, I am finally back in Bristol and I am ready to start this second term with a fresh and rested mind. I did not have any exams this January, which meant that I was fortunate enough to have more time to polish my two essays. One of them was about the presentation of racial identity in the media, and the other one was about the history of film noir in France and the US.   They were both due around the same time, which meant that time management was key for those couple of weeks. Although it was quite a stressful time to squeeze in work during this festive period, I think I successfully managed to juggle work and relaxation. Hopefully, all that organization and planning will pay off when I receive my results next month.

I am looking forward to starting this second term! I will be starting two Anthropology modules and a Liberal Arts module focused around History. However, there is already so much to do and I hope that I do not run out of steam by the end of this intense period. Firstly, I have to complete my second round of applications to secure my slot at the University of Washington next year. Secondly, I need to start planning my PASS lessons for first year students. And finally, I must get on top of the reading list for the beginning of term. At the moment, I am still trying to plan out what I have to do and what deadlines are coming up. Once I have identified and sorted out my upcoming deadlines, I can confidently begin all these tasks and assignments in a well-paced manner.

Even though I am quite stressed, I am very aware of what I must tackle. I feel ready to start this year well and keep the momentum going until the Easter Holidays!

-Corrie

Posted in Blog posts