Time flies when you’re busy!

Teaching Block 1 is over and I cannot believe I’m halfway through second year already. A lot has happened since reading week! I had three assignments due for each of my modules: an essay for Critical Writing and two presentations for Film History and Convincing Stories. All of them were (hopefully) completed and handed in with the best standard possible!

Finishing these submissions was a daunting task as they were all due on the same week (as you can imagine, Week 11 was quite a stressful time). I also found that working in a group was extremely challenging. I experienced team members who put in minimal work, as well as members who wanted to overcompensate by taking over other people’s tasks I am quite glad that I do not have any more group presentations for the rest of the year. Now my focus lies on essays that can be controlled and prepared independently.

Aside from all the work, I was accepted to the University of Washington for my year abroad! I am extremely excited about next year and I’m going to trying my hardest to surpass the conditions of my offer (a 2:1 average/ 60%). I am as motivated as I can be, but I am also a bit fearful about the grades I might receive. I do not know how well I have performed so far since I have only received one grade back yet.

I am going to relax now and brace myself for the storm of results coming my way.

-Corrie

Posted in Blog posts